Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Twine wrapped Christmas trees...all from the Dollar Tree

I just absolutely love and adore the Dollar Tree! I wanted to have a go with the twince wrapped Christmas trees that I've been seeing floating around blogland lately. So, I hightailed it to DT, picked up some supplies and got to work. If you want to make this, here's what you'll need:

- a spool of twine
- a small cylinder cone
- glittered flowers
- hot glue
That's it!






These are the glittery flowers I found up close, the red one is blurry, sorry! I just loved these, not in the pots, so I plucked them out and plucked them off of their stems.



Now, start to wrap your twine. I at first started at the bottom, but was having too much trouble keeping it on, so I went back and started at the top. Really, there was no glue needed at first. Just hold the twine on for a couple of turns and it will stay in place on its own.



Keep wrapping....it seems like it takes forever! Make sure to wrap tightly and close together so that it stays in place. When you get to the very bottom, secure the end with some hot glue. Then, go back to the very top and wrap some twine around to cover the tip, secure in place with more glue.


Then add your embellishment! Simple and so many variations can be done with this. I have a larger cone that I'm going to do as well. That make take the rest of my life! =] Anyways, I hope you enjoy!



























3 comments:

DanielleisNesting said...

These looks so cute! I just love the dollar store!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I too love the $$$ tree! way to go, it's adorable!
gail

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Love your tree! Really cute!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! I'm featuring you for this week's event. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

Hope you'll link up with us again!

Post a Comment