Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Valentine's wreath


I've decided there just needs to be a wreath for every holiday/season! So, I went ahead and made a Valentine's wreath. I've wanted to use a strange material for a wreath for awhile now, but just couldn't think of the right holiday or season I wanted to make it for. But I think V-day is perfect for this!
Supplies:
- wreath form
- paint/paintbrush
- at least 2 loofahs, more if you want it bigger/fluffier
- hot glue
- V-day appliques
- string or ribbon

I used pink & white loofahs I found, where else, at the Dollar Tree. Most of this project all came from the Dollar Tree!
I found these picks that I thought were adorable!

I painted my wreath form a light pink, you can use whatever color you want obviously. I just wanted it to match my loofahs. I think red and white would be cute for this too, or just all red or pink!
I then dismembered my loofahs, there's a little string in the middle of them that I cut, that way you don't have to actually cut the material. I kept one of the pink strings that, I guess you put around your wrist, for later.

I didn't get a picture of this part, because it was awkward and I couldn't hold the material and take a picture at the same time. But, at this point you should have 2 pink and 2 white loofahs sections. I gathered them together and just wrapped it around the wreath form. Then hot glued the ends down to itself. Then I pulled off the hearts from the sticks and glued them onto the loofah. I then took one of the loofah strings and tied it to the top so that it can hang on the wreath hanger! Voila!

I hope you enjoyed this project and that you try it out! Let me know how it worked for you and how you made it your own! =]

33 comments:

Unknown said...

How creative, and cute! I thought it was that really wide see through pretty ribbon. But lofas WOW! have a good one. Jen

Melanie Bacom said...

I never thought of using the loofahs. That is genius! This will have to be copied. Thanks

HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing. Visiting via A Little Birdie Told Me!

Blessings,
Holly
http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

P K Glitz said...

This wreath is just gorgeous and what a grand idea to loofahs.

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I never would've thought of using loofahs.

Visiting via Sew Woodsy
http://starryeyedsurprise24.blogspot.com

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Crafts a la Mode said...

Nice job. Beautiful. Linda

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

This is seriously so cute! I LOVE the idea of using bath sponges. Very creative. Thanks for linking to Whatcha Got Wednesday!

Nikki said...

That is adorable!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking this up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!!! :)

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Gorgeous. Wow. I just saw those heart picks at Michael's...

If you have a chance tonight, please link this up to Creative Juice Thursday!

<3
nicolette
http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/01/creative-juice-thursday-6-features-and.html

Rachel said...

Love the wreath! I never would have guessed loofahs from the picture!

Christina said...

cute & thrifty - jusst my style! :)

Thank you for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"! I really hope you come back next week :)

Pamela said...

Just perfect for Valentines Day! I like the color mix and the sweetness just seems to say, Love.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

So glad to pop by to link up!

Love it!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday!

the cape on the corner said...

how adorable! and super smart with the loofahs!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! great transition to a new year. Time to take down the holiday wreath. :)

Anonymous said...

Love this wreath! Thanks for sharing and linking to Fantabulous Friday!

Unknown said...

THat is so fun that you made it out of poufs/loofahs!!!! Looks great!

aseknc said...

What a very creative idea...I love it!!!

♥Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/

The British Homemaker said...

this is so cute..i think i'd like to see one of these in my bathroom soon :) lol

Kai said...

WOW! I'm headed for the NEAREST Dollar Store later! This is BRILLIANT and GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

how cool... I Love it. Very creative... Not your first rodeo on a creative success I see... WONDERDFUL

Unknown said...

very creative!

Lorie said...

I love the loofa idea!!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Very creative!
I love it!

Jenn Erickson said...

Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me...". I love the whimsy, creativity and affordability of this project!

I hope you'll swing by again tomorrow to share another project! Best, Jenn/Rook No. 17

Jennifer said...

Very adorable! I love those little hearts. I featured you today on my valentines round up :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-roundup.html

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

So cute and creative!! Love how it turned out!!

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
Barb

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

That is such a neat idea! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! I'm featuring you this week! Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

Marcie @ DWYH said...

Another great idea for Valentine's decor'! Thanks for linking :)!

www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Wow! You have been busy :D Cute project!

karanmi said...

So cute. Guess I will have to head off to our local dollar store.

Post a Comment