Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Epsom salt V-day candle

Check out my new weekend link party "wonderful weekend" going on now until Sunday night! Let's get the word out and get some more link ups! =]



Here's another easy Valentine's idea that anyone can do!



Supplies:

- candle

- Epsom salt

- glitter (optional)

- Mod Podge or glue

- ribbon, decals (optional)

- clear coat



I added about 3-4 tablespoons of Epsom salt into a bowl and added some pink glitter to jazz it up a bit. I started painting on the Mod Podge to the desired height of the candle. Then sprinkle your salt/glitter mix onto the candle. Keep doing this all around the candle.




Next, I added some pink, fuzzy string that I had to jazz it up a little more.



Finally, I sprayed the salt/glitter with a clear coat, I'm hoping this will help it stay on longer. Then I added a single white heart to give it even more jazz! This is extremely easy and cheap! I already had the candle and string from about 8 Valentines ago. All I had to buy was the salt. Simple and cute. Enjoy!



I'll be posting this tutorial at these fine blogs:




Black Kats Design



504 Main


Photobucket

Photobucket

Fantabulous Friday!

Photobucket


23 comments:

Anne said...

What a cute idea! I love it.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi
I LOVEEEE THIS!! Great job & great idea!! I am going to try this for sure..I have a lot of candles!! I think people at my 2 blog hops would love this & you would get more traffic to your blog..so we would love to have you join us for our blog hops each week (Mon & Wed but they go on for days) I could see you even being "featured" this is so cute for Valentine's Day.
Also I love you little Comments picture..Is it ok with you if I use it for my Leave comments as well??
Barb

Michelle said...

So cute! I love it. I'm hosting my first link party on Thursday, I'd love to see you there!
www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

. said...

That IS really cute!! I love it! :)

Nikki said...

I love how it sparkles!!!! :) Thanks so much for linking it up to gettin' crafty on hump day!

Angela said...

Wow that is creative! Very cute! Thanks for stopping by Junk that has Spunk!

Margaret@MissAdventures of Susie Homemaker said...

Love the sparklyness. So very festive!

Vanessa said...

Very cute, this is an unexpected way to add some sparkle to the project.

Christina said...

Love it!! Super cute and thrifty...just perfect :)

Thank you so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! I really appreciate it!!

Katie said...

Thank you so much for linking up to Sew Woodsy! I would have never thought to use Epsom salt to jazz up a plain old candle! LOVE it--love it so much I featured it today!!!

http://sewwoodsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/fridays-features.html

Naturally Me Creations said...

This is lovely! I still have to try out this epsom salt decorating for candles, i love the way it looks! :D
Tnx for entering this at my party! :)

Liz said...

I will have to make this! So cute. Thanks for linking up!

The Loops said...

This is adorable! I'm your newest follower. I found you on the Weekend Wrap Up Party blog hop. I'd love it if you followed back.
http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

Mel said...

Adorable. I love the addition of sparkles in the epsom salts.

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

How fun! I never decorated a candle before! I think i will.

Please come by and link this to my party!

WWW.TOOTSIEWOOTSIEBOUTIQUE.BLOGSPOT.COM

And i have a great Giveaway going one for ITHINKSEW.COM!


-THE TOOTSIE WOOTSIE :)

Naturally Me Creations said...

Hi there! I've featured you candle on my blog! If you want, you can grab an "i was featured" badge. :)

http://naturallymecreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/your-featured-creation-from-who-made.html

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Wow! That really dresses up a candle! Well done! Thanks for sharing ... I'll be linking. And please come join my party anytime!

http://childmade.com/index.php?name=Shared%20links

Melissa said...

That looks so great! Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tell All.

Jenn Erickson said...

It's incredible the way the epsom salts sparkle! Thank you for sharing this creative and whimsical project at "A Little Birdie Told Me...". I hope you'll return tomorrow to share more of your creativity and inspiration! Best, Jenn

Kara said...

I've gotta make me some of these! Gorgeous! I featured you today at Creations by Kara. :)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I did this once and it didn't work very well. I love the addition of the fuzzy string.
thanks for sharing, featuring tonight on my highlights.
gail

Holly Lefevre said...

So pretty. Great color choice. I need to try this!

Unknown said...

I love the candle you used.... where did you get the 3 toned candle to do this? Thanks!

Post a Comment