Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Garlic Mushrooms

I made these for the first time last night for our "steakhouse" dinner at home. I don't know if it's the most *amazing* recipe, or the hardest, BUT they were delish! =] Here's how to make these scrumptuous mushrooms...

You will need:
1 lb. of mushrooms (I used a mix of baby bellas and white, but you can use whatever you want)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 T olive oil, divided
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Heat up 2 T of the olive oil over medium/medium high heat. When heated add garlic. Let simmer about 1 minute. I just grated my garlic over the oil...I love my new grater!


Add your mushrooms. Saute 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly. You may need to add a little more oil if they are looking dry, not a whole lot, you don't want them to be greasy.


In the meantime, mix the rest of your ingredients together in a small bowl. I hate when recipes say to "constantly" stir something, but wait! You have to do this over here too! I don't have 4 arms, they'll be fine for a minute...


I smashed my mushrooms up while they were in the skillet, I didn't care if they looked pretty, it was only me eating them. But, you can slice them up or buy them pre-sliced at the store. It's all up to you! =]
After the 5-6 minutes, add the sauce to your mushrooms and serve immediately. Enjoy! They are amazing, well I thought so anyways. I had never made mushrooms for myself, and I don't know why, I looove them. But, this is extremely simple and so good.


Here is our "steakhouse" dinner at home. My husband manned the grill and I cooked the shrooms. =] This will definitely be made again! Hope you love it as much as I do!


0 comments:

Post a Comment